Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dear Mommie,

Mamz, you're my best friend. Ever since before I was born you have been. You ate broccoli for me. That's big.  <3

But in all seriousness, I love the relationship we have. There really isn't a thing I don't tell you, despite how you think I hide things from you sometimes. But I honestly cannot think of a thing that I haven't told you. I don't have to hide who I am or what I believe. Even if you disagree, you support me. Just about all my friends have to be two different people; who they are with their friends and who they are around their parents. I don't have to do that. And I really think that's helped us stay best friends for my whole life. You're not only my mom, but my friend. You've figured out how to be the perfect mix.

You're the strongest person I've ever met. All the things life has thrown at you, you've overcome. No matter how hard the journey has been, you've made it. It hasn't always been easy, but you did it. I admire that, a lot. I've gotten to see the strong side and the weak side of you the most in the last two years. I know how much it sucked in the beginning, but look how far you've come. I know how hard it was to believe me in the beginning when I said we'd be better off without them. But I was right, wasn't I? We are so much better off. We can eat waffles for dinner, say what we want, not get up first thing in the morning, and most importantly not walk on eggshells. We don't get verbally and emotionally beaten down on a nightly basis and you know what? We have fun. You and I have grown a lot closer in the last two years. I know, I miss them sometimes too. But we are a lot better off. And it makes me really happy that you're finally seeing this.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better mom growing up. I know all these parenting magazines will say that kids need both parents and never to send them to daycare or else they won't turn out alright. For almost all our lives, it's been just you and I, and I went to daycare. I think I turned out just fine. I didn't need a dad, my mom was everything to me. Sure, I went to daycare. But that's where I made most of my friends. Had you never sent me to daycare, I wouldn't have met Levi. We may not have had it all, but we had enough. I was happy. I still am happy. I was an only child raised by a single mom, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. 

Thank you, for being the best mom I could have ever asked for and for being my best friend. I love you, mominator. 

"All of your life you have spent
Burying hurt and regret
But mama, he'll never touch us again

For everytime he tried to break you down
Just remember who's still around
It's over, and we're stronger
And we'll never have to go back again

Oh mother, we're stronger
From all of the tears you have shed
Oh mother, don't look back (oh mother don't look back again)
Cause he'll never hurt us again (cause he'll never hurt us again)

So mother, I thank you (and I thank you for everything you've done)
For all that you've done and still do (together we always move on)
You got me, I got you, (you got me, I got you)
Together we always pull through (always pull through)
We always pull through"
-Christina Aguilera 'Oh Mother'



No comments:

Post a Comment