Sunday, January 22, 2012

DEATH TO COPYCATS.

Perhaps that's a little extreme. Perhaps not. Nothing pisses me off more than being copied.

And I know. Nothing is truly "original" unless you design/make/invent whatever it. Don't feed me that crap.

The things I do, the things I say, the way I color my hair, crimping my hair, the clothes I wear, the way I decorate my car and notebooks and phone and whatnot. Those are the things that make me ME.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery to some, but to me, it's the biggest pain in the ass.

It's come to my attention that more than one person has copied me recently. This bothers me greatly.

Like I said. I realize I'm not the ony person in the world who does the things I do. But for the most part I'm the only one in my friend group who does.

Ever since Kayla started her blog, and I've been more open about mine, it seems that everyone and their fucking grandmother has a blog. And while I absolutely LOVE reading most of them, some people just suck at it. Knowing how to type and knowing how to blog are completely different things. If you don't know your basic grammar and punctuation, you shouldn't have a blog. If you use comic sans because you think it's cool, you shouldn't have a blog. Or access to the internet. If you dont have deep thoughts sometimes, you shouldn't have a blog. If youre a fake fucking bitch, you shouldnt have a blog. Just sayin.

My hair is a big thing to me. I take pride in my hair. I have fucking AWESOME hair. The way I dye it and the crimping. Especially the crimping. A few months back, I got into a fight with one of my then-friends because she wanted to copy my hair crimping because she thought itd make her look "more metal." NO NO NO TIMES FUCKING A MILLION NOS. Her argument was that all kinds of other strangers do it. OKAY. COOL. I DO NOT CARE WHAT STRANGERS DO. none of my other friends crimp their hair and that's why I freaking love doing mine. That and it looks cool.

I say "balls" a lot. Like sometimes instead of fuck or shit. If someone I hang out with a lot starts saying it, TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Basically what I'm saying here is this: I know I'm not going to get out of life uncopied. Whatever. But if you want to do something I do, or say something I say, put your own spin on it. Don't be exactly how I am. Because then, I want to punch you. A lot.

And then hit you in the face with a chair. A spiked chair.

And then in the wise words of John Reilly; "kill you. Kill you with fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment