Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time doesn't heal all wounds.

Today marks six months since Kenzie's accident. Half of a year. Time doesn't heal all wounds. I'm not any more okay now than I was when I found out. Ive just learned how to not cry in public anymore.

You can give me a week or you can give me a thousand years. I'm always going to be devastated. I'm always going to miss her. It's always going to hurt. And that won't change.

Until I hear her voice again, until I see her smile, until I can hug her and she can hug me back, until I hear her rapping lil Wayne, until she grosses me out with her hunting stories, until she sends me more songs she'll know I love, until she helps me plot the mass murder or mass kidnappings of all of Lewistown, until Kenzie is Kenzie again, I don't want to hear a single person tell me that time heals all wounds.

About an hour ago, I posted a status about this. A much more condensed version. The commenters among this status were either A) people telling me that time does heal. B) my gramps telling me to pray for her. Or C) people who think that was an invitation to tell me when their relatives died.

I've clearly already addressed people group A, and I know my gramps means well. But people group C, they piss me off.

This will probably offend someone. And if it does, so be it. But I didn't ask you when your family members died. I'm sorry for your guys' loss an all, don't get me wrong. But why do you need to tell me that? I don't want to sound like a bitch saying this, but you telling me about the loss of your loved ones DOESN'T HELP. in fact it makes me more sad. Death is a horrible thing.

This is probably grammatically shitty and all, but oh well. I needed to bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment