Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You're not a superfan, you're a douche.

Y'know what gets the fuck on my nerves? People who get so obsessed with a band/artist that they become dicks to anyone else who likes the band/artist. Otherwise known as "superfans" or as I like to call them, "supercunts."

I see this all over Tumblr, YouTube and even Facebook.

"You're not a true fan unless you liked them before such and such date." or "You're not a true fan if you listen to this other artist also." Or "you're not a true fan unless you own every single CD, and since you don't, you can't wear their shirt." 

And of course, the most famous example of this, Skrillex. "You're not a true Skrillex fan if you didn't like/know him when he was Sonny Moore." OKAY, WHAT?! First of all, Skrillex is NOT this dude's legal name, nor is he an entirely different human so guess what! HE'S FUCKING STILL SONNY MOORE, YOUR ARGUMENT IS SHIT, AND YOU ARE A CUNT. Same thing for "If you didn't like him in From First To Last, you're not a real Skrillex fan." I hate to state the obvious, buuuuuuuuut, From First To Last  and Skrillex are completely different types of music!! Just, shut up.

Also, sorry Mel, but you won't like this next bit.

Metalheads annoy the fuck out of me. Not all, but the ones who are like so instant that their music is better than everyone elses. "BUT IT IS!" shout the metal heads. "FUCK OFF!" I shout back. I don't fucking care how hardcore you think you are. My mom was a true metalhead, back in the 80s when this music came out. And I've told my mom about today's "metalheads" and her exact words were, "True metalheads kicked the shit out of dumbasses like that." Thank you, mother. 

Tonight, I saw on Tumblr some blonde chick wearing a Slayer shirt she got at Urban Outfitters. Quite a few people reblogged it and said a bunch of really rude shit about her. Apparently, judging by this ONE PICTURE they could tell she's some big poser and all that. And they were all making fun of her saying she isn't a real fan. . . 

WHY IS YOUR LIFE SO PATHETIC THAT THESE THINGS ACTUALLY MATTER TO YOU?!

Like honestly.  Some girl on the internet - ONE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW - wants to wear a shirt of a band you like. Okay, tell me. How does this effect your life at all? And if it does, YOU NEED TO RE-EVALUATE YOUR FUCKING LIFE. Personally? I fucking LOVE Anti-Flag. But I don't dress like a punk or listen to any other punk music. I own every single album they've made, seen them in concert and have more than one thing autographed by them. But since I don't dress or act like a punk, I'm not a fan. By Mel and her friends' logic, that is. Well, that logic is bullshit, 'cause I motherfucking love Anti-Flag. 

The point I'm trying to make is this. At the end of the day when you go to lay down and sleep, if other people's music and clothing choices cause this much of a ruckuss in your life, you need to reevaluate yourself. If the girl in that picture doesn't listen to Slayer, then she's going to come out looking like a fucking idiot in the end anyway. But the bigger possibility here is this, she's like me and Anti-Flag. She likes/loves, but doesn't obsess. And y'know what? She probably isn't a cunt. 

Dear "superfans", 
No one cares about your "superfan"ish-ness.
We all think you're a supercunt.
Everyone does, except your fellow supercunts.
Please suck my dick and grow up.
Thank you, have a nice day.
-Rebecca & the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment