Thursday, June 28, 2012

Divorce.

My parents divorce is finally final, and to be honest, I don't really know how I feel about that. I'm split 95/5.

The 95% side is stoked. Living with my stepdad was a constant fight. Especially for the last year we were all together. My mom and I endured so much emotional and verbal abuse, it's ridiculous. He damaged my self esteem and destroyed my moms. I dislike him for what he did to me, but I have a never ending hatred for what he did to my mom. For my midterm I had to write a murder story. I killed him. And you know what? I loved every second of writing it, and I'm SO proud of the paper. It's the best thing I've ever written. (If you want to read it, send me your e-mail, and I'll send it to you.) Anyway, I'm happy he's gone. My mom's a much better person without him. Her and I's relationship is so much stronger, and he's not constantly putting her on edge and making her hard to live with. He may have hurt her bad, but it's done now. We've been putting our lives back together, and we're okay on our own. Sure, we may not have as much money as we did & it's harder to pay bills. But was the money really worth the instability, the verbal abuse, the hostility, the heartache, the constant war? NO. You can have all the money in the world, but without a family that you love and loves you, you've got nothing. Mom and I may not have it all, but we have each other. And that's more than what we had when he was around.

5% misses my family being together, but that's only because sometimes I miss the person I used to call my brother, and I miss living in Lewistown.

1 comment:

  1. The peace you both have now makes up for the lack of money, IMO.

    Aunt Cin

    ReplyDelete